Thursday, January 22, 2015

Almost Home!!!!

When a mother learns she is pregnant it is a magical moment. Knowing you have a life that is growing inside of you that relies fully on you to protect and feed them is a heavy responsibility. The father sits by and can only see from the outside as the baby grows and who's every movement is felt by its mother. As an adoptive parent, our love is no different, we wait and wait until we get to meet our child, anticipating all of those first moments and dreaming of what they will become.

Our journey to Jeremiah has been just over a year. A year of wondering with excitement what our lives will be like when he joins our family. This entrance into our family has been different than with any of our other children. You see, from day one I have always been the first one to take over their needs and to comfort them. But this time, daddy got to be the one with the firsts: meeting, holding, feeding, spoiling, saying goodnight. 

It has been amazing watching Matt and Jeremiah bond over the last two weeks. I know, as many of you have shared as well, how amazing it is that Jeremiah has adapted so well already. Matt is an amazing father, I'm sure Jeremiah could see and feel the love his daddy had for him immediately. 
I watch Matt with our son and I can't wait to physically hold him as well. I can't wait for the many firsts I'll have with him. I can't wait to see him interact with his siblings. I can't wait for him to learn and believe that he is a part of a family now, our family.... Forever. 

Jeremiah, mommy can't wait to meet you, to hold you for the first time. I can't wait to sing you to sleep and watch you wake up.  I'm counting down the hours until your arrival. Mommy loves you big guy. You and daddy will be home very soon, I can hardly wait!!!

The boys have started their long trip home. 27 hours to be exact. From Guangzhou to Shanghai, Shanghai to Detroit and finally Detroit to Kansas City. For those of you who would like to come to the airport tonight, please get ahold of me and I will give you the flight details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment