Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sightseeing

Today I went to see Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, and The Great Wall.  Same tour as the last time I was here.  But like I mentioned in my last blog post, figured I might as well go again.  All 3 are still spectacular and I can't imagine them getting old and not wanting to come again given the opportunity.  We stopped for a tea tasting after the sightseeing.  It was very ceremonial in style.  I am not a big hot tea fan, but I enjoyed the tasting.

After the tour, I went to kill some time at Carrefour.  It is sorta like China's Walmart.  Not really . . . but I don't know what else to compare.  I'm always drawn to the food section for entertainment in Chinese stores.  The meat section in particular.  Things are so unique here.  Check out the pic of the dried whole chicken!

I leave Beijing tomorrow morning.  I have about an hour flight to Hohhot, Inner Mongolia.  Not much on the schedule for tomorrow.  Monday is the big day!  Can't wait to meet Jeremiah!




















No comments:

Post a Comment